Software Developer-Java-CES POD
Lenskart is India’s fastest growing optical business. The company was co-founded in 2010 by Peyush Bansal, Amit Chaudhary & Sumeet Kapahi to provide Vision to India. 1/3rd of India’s population today needs vision correction and only 25% of those in need wear specs. Lenskart was founded with a vision to solve this problem of eye wear and be the Numero Uno eyewear provider in India. With technology integration into the eyewear vertical, and keeping a deep focus on consumer happiness, Lenskart has grown more than 200% Year on Year in the last 2 years to be among the top 3 Optical Retail businesses of India today.
With employee strength of over 1200 employees, the company is continuing to grow 15% month on month, and changing the landscape of Indian Eyewear with its very unique services and products such
• Buying specs online with “Virtual Try On”
• Home Eye Checkup service in 7 cities with over 300+ eye checkups every day at consumer’s Houses
• 60 Click & Mortar Stores pan India (including tier 2 and 3 cities) as centers for people to get their eyes checked and book orders online as well as get their post-sale adjustments done
• Network of Affiliate Doctors who place orders for their consumers online on the Lenskart platform
When in 2011, the company was selling 30 specs a day online Lenskart raised its first round of funding of USD 3.3Million from IDG Ventures India (IDGVI). In 2013, when the company was selling nearly 200 specs online per day, Ronnie Screwvala led Unilazer Ventures, along with IDG again, invested around USD 8 Million in the company. Today, when Lenskart is making nearly 2000 specs a day- shipped pan India and, has so far shipped over 10 Lac specs across the country.
A little bit about the team and culture:
• Young passionate team
• Very numerate and focused on Analytics
• 150+ Talented Tech team in Delhi & Bangalore
• Experimentative and Jet Speed Execution
• Freedom to execute and take risks
• Obsessed with Customer Happiness and Delight
- Translation of complex functional requirements into technical requirements, implementing and maintaining a coherent and progressive development strategy for our product line
- Design, develop and maintain complex systems using best of the breed development practices and technology.
- Responsible for the over-all software development life cycle.
- Delivery of High Quality, Scalable and Extensible systems and applications on-time and on-budget.
- Adoption and Evolution of the software engineering practices and tools within the organization
- Keep in sync with the latest technology developments and open source offerings. Evaluate and adopt them for solving business problem of organization.
- Collaborate with other technology and business teams within the organization to provide efficient robust solutions to the problems.
- Drive and manage the bug triage process
- Report on status of product delivery and quality to management, customer support and product teams.
- Strong programming, debugging, and problem-solving skills
- Strong understanding of data structures and algorithms
- Sound understanding of object-oriented programming and excellent software design skills.
- Good experience of SOA/Microservices/Restful services and development of N-tier J2EE / Java Springboot applications (API’s).
- Strong understanding of database design and SQL (mySql/mariaDB) development
- Good to have knowledge of NoSQL technologies like MongoDB, Solr, Redis, Cassandra or any other NoSQL database
- Knowledge of design patterns and good to have experience of large-scale applications
- Should have experience in Apache Kafka, RabbitMQ or other Queueing systems.
- 3 to 6 years of industry experience.
- Bachelors or Master’s Degree in Computer Science/ IT
- Drive discussions to create/improve product, process and technology
- Provide end to end solution and design details
- Lead development of formalized solution methodologies
- · Passion to work in startup like environment
- Passion and commitment
- Strong and excellent software design intellect
- High integrity