Software Developer- Android
Bengaluru / Gurgaon / Hyderabad, IndiaTechnology
Lenskart is India’s fastest growing optical business. The company was co-founded in 2010 by Peyush Bansal, Amit Chaudhary & Sumeet Kapahi to provide Vision to India. 1/3rd of India’s population today needs vision correction and only 25% of those in need wear specs. Lenskart was founded in 2010 with a vision to solve this problem of eye wear and be the Numero Uno eyewear provider in India.
With technology integration into the eyewear vertical, and keeping a deep focus on consumer happiness, Lenskart has grown more than 200% Year on Year in the last 2 years to be among the top 3 Optical Retail businesses of India today.
Lenskart brings together the brightest minds to create breakthrough technology solutions, helping our customers get highly engaging experience. We are continuously evolving how we work and how we look at the business challenges, so we can continue to deliver measurable, sustainable solutions to our businesses.
Job Location : Bangalore & Hyderabad
Android Software engineer & technical leads to be responsible for executing initiatives designed to
move the needle on key business goals via experimentation and measurement. You’ll be focused on
shipping high quality technology & features in order to advance our mission of revolutionizing the
We’re a high impact team with an ambitious mission and are looking for high caliber people to join us!
How your skills and passion will come to life at Lenskart:
- Design and build applications for the Android platform (Kotlin), and Gateway Services (NodeJs)
- Continuously discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies to maximize development efficiency
- Work closely with Product Managers and SDET teams to gather data and estimate project timelines
- Understand product specifications and come up with optimal scalable solutions
- Complete ownership of features worked upon, should be able to perform RCAs and provide quick resolution of relevant issues / production bugs while training Tech Support Engineers to offload recurring chunks of work
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define, design, and ship new features
- Unit-test code for robustness, including edge cases, usability, and general reliability
- Strive for following best coding practices throughout the process of designing, development and testing.
What you’ve accomplished:
- With 2+ years of experience with Android (Kotlin)
- Experience working with Product Managers and UX Designers, with a strong product sense and the ability to own large areas of product design and usability
- Excellent teamwork skills, flexibility, and ability to handle multiple tasks
- Capability to bring in software engineering life cycle best practices
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Deep understanding of algorithms and datastructures
- Executed on RCAs / tough engg problems at work
- Won awards / Recognised by upper management for going above and beyond
- Open source / pet projects contributions