Senior Manager – Investments and M&A
Lenskart is looking for a passionate, energetic investment professional to join us in the Mergers & Acquisition (M&A) / Investment team. This role is strategic for the growth of Lenskart, given the exponential growth plans at hand. You will get an opportunity to interact and evaluate leading eyewear businesses and technologies across India and International markets. You will also leverage the recently launched Lenskart Vision fund platform to engage and invest in companies developing tech solutions for the eyewear, omni-channel retail and evaluate business models leveraging futuristic technologies like AI / ML, AR/VR, block chain, etc. for retailers, manufacturers and ecommerce players.
The M&A / Investment professional will be responsible for building an investment pipeline, exhaustively evaluating investment / acquisition targets, presenting shortlisted targets to the management team and Board, championing deals by articulating the investment thesis and executing deals end to end.
Deal Sourcing: Ideate to build new deal pipeline for both M&A and early stage investments across India and International markets. Work with different BU’s to identify investment/acquisition opportunities to accelerate their growth.
Deal Execution: In depth evaluation of investment targets including financial analysis, industry research, competitor mapping, SWOT analysis, valuation analysis, etc. Development of investment thesis, business plan projections, deal valuation models and deal structures. Assist legal advisors in drafting and review of deal closure documentation.
Diligence and Deal Closure: Drive the diligence process with diligence advisors and functional teams to conclude diligence in a timely and rigorous manner
Portfolio management: Monitor portfolio companies’ performance and support them in development and growth
The individual will need to fit in well with the hands-on entrepreneurial and impact driven culture of Lenskart and be a key contributor to its growth. Given the strategic importance of this role, the individual should be a self-starter and a thought partner for the management team.
- MBA from IIMs/ISB/other Tier 1 Business Schools or rank holding CAs
- 2-4 years prior experience in Private Equity, Venture Capital, Investment Banking or top-tier Management Consulting
- Exposure to e-commerce / retail / B2C companies preferred
- Strong financial analysis abilities, valuation skills, analytical and strategic thinking Skills
- Strong excel modeling and presentation skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong network within the startup community, investors, investment bankers, incubators and angel networks
- Ability to work effectively with cross functional leaders and teams
- Ability to work in ambiguity, with minimal supervision