KSA - Optician
Opticians help fit eyeglasses and contact lenses, following prescriptions from ophthalmologists and optometrists.
Their customers are people who have had an eye exam and received a prescription for corrective lenses.
Opticians need to have a thorough understanding of the different types of optical aids available.
- Interpreting the results of eye examinations, using prescriptions written by Optometrists and Ophthalmologists
- Advising patients on frame weights, materials, styles and colors
- Recommending lenses, coatings and frames to suit customers’ needs
- Measuring customers to determine suitable types and styles of frames
- Adjusting frames so they fit properly
- Preparing orders for glasses and contact lenses by checking prescriptions, lens thickness and other specifications
- Making sure that orders for glasses and contact lenses have been processed accurately
- Give advice on caring for eye equipment. measure for glasses or contact lenses and help people choose lenses and frames. fit, adjust and repair frames. refer clients back to an optometrist for vision tests when needed.