Category Associate- Merchandising
As our Category associate, you will be a critical thought leader within the team responsible for developing and overseeing International brand’s business revenue, assortment planning buying and new brands recruitment to support our high growth business across geographies.
This position’s primary responsibility is to work with Design team, retail planning team and vendor’s teams to develop collections, new launches plan and execute the same with excellence. As such, this role has a high level of exposure throughout the organization, both locally and globally, and the candidate must demonstrate strong leadership and influence with the ability to communicate a clear vision to multiple stakeholders.
Your Responsibilities Include:
- Responsible for seasonal launches and Manage assortment mix for each season in advance by researching on consumer & market trends, historical data, category gaps, competition etc.
- Working closely with vendors & in-house design teams to ensure a constant inflow of innovation.
- Maintaining the ideal stock levels with the use of OTB sheet, PLC level depth planning and placing regular orders to vendors directly.
- In partnership with supply chain team and tech team align and priorities the goods inward flow.
- Collaborating with Creative department members to ensure that collateral supports for International brands marketing plan efforts across all customer touchpoints and channels
- Demonstrating our Lenskart values: Startup Energy, Fail Harder, Customer and Team Obsession, 10X Thinking, Collaborative Ownership.
We would love to hear from you if you have:
- 3-5 years of experience in merchandise buying and planning in Fashion and accessories.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, and the ability to partner both with business, operational and creative teams
- Nimble and flexible with regards to changing priorities & business needs
- Proven ability to meet critical deadlines while maintaining strong relationships with internal teams and vendor partners
- Self-sufficient with ability to operate effectively without close supervision
- Data-driven decision making
- Bachelors or masters from a premier Fashion institute.