Backend - Lead Engineer
Lenskart is India’s fastest growing optical business. The company was co-founded in 2010 by Peyush Bansal, Amit Chaudhary & Sumeet Kapahi to provide Vision to India. 1/3rd of India’s population today needs vision correction and only 25% of those in need wear specs. Lenskart was founded in 2010 with a vision to solve this problem of eye wear and be the Numero Uno eyewear provider in India.
With technology integration into the eyewear vertical, and keeping a deep focus on consumer happiness, Lenskart has grown more than 200% Year on Year in the last 2 years to be among the top 3 Optical Retail businesses of India today.
Lenskart brings together the brightest minds to create breakthrough technology solutions, helping our customers get highly engaging experience. We are continuously evolving how we work and how we look at the business challenges, so we can continue to deliver measurable, sustainable solutions to our businesses.
sustainable solutions to our businesses.
About Role You’ll be part of the team which will build & launch tech products (web/app) for Owndays in the SEA geographies. Lenskart has acquired Owndays for $400Mn which is the largest eyewear company in SEA markets. The role is based out of Mumbai & would involve coordinating with teams from different geographies to build sophisticated tech products.
- Translation of complex functional requirements into technical requirements, implementing and maintaining a coherent and progressive development strategy for our product line
- Design, develop and maintain complex systems using best of the breed development practices and technology.
- Responsible for the over-all software development life cycle, including code reviews, code merges and releases
- Delivery of High Quality, Scalable and Extensible systems and applications on-time and on-budget.
- Adoption and Evolution of the software engineering practices and tools within the organization
- Keep in sync with the latest technology developments and open source offerings. Evaluate and adopt them for solving business problems of organization.
- Collaborate with other technology and business teams within the organization to provide efficient robust solutions to the problems.
- Drive and manage the bug triage process
- Report on status of product delivery and quality to management, customer support and product teams.
- Strong programming, debugging, and problem-solving skills
- Strong understanding of data structures and algorithms
- Sound understanding of object-oriented programming and excellent software design skills.
- Good experience of Microservices/Restful services and development of N-tier Java
Springboot applications (API’s).
- Strong understanding of database design and SQL (mySql/mariaDB) development
- Good to have knowledge of NoSQL technologies like MongoDB, Elastic Search, Redis or any other NoSQL database
- Knowledge of design patterns and good to have experience of large-scale applications
- Should have experience in Apache Kafka or other Queueing systems.
- 7 to 10 years of industry experience.
- Bachelors or Master’s Degree in Computer Science/ IT
- Previous experience of leading a technical team with frontend & backend functions
- Drive discussions to create/improve product, process and technology
- Provide end to end solution and design details
- Passion to work in startup like environment